1. Collecting, processing and using personal data1.1. mercavus collects, administers, processes or uses ("uses") personal data from you within the framework of the order processes which end in a purchase, exclusively within the framework of German and European data protection law. Personal data is information about factual or personal circumstances of a specific or determinable natural person. This includes, for example, your name, your telephone number, your address as well as all inventory data that you provide to us when registering and creating your customer account. Statistical data, which we collect for example when you visit our web shop and which cannot be directly linked to your person, are not included here. For example, these are statistics on which pages of our shop are particularly popular or how many users visit certain pages of the mercavus shop. You can visit the mercavus site without providing any personal information. In this way you remain anonymous - unless you are logged in with your user name and password. The connection data transmitted by your Internet browser each time you access a page, such as the date, time spent on the mercavus site, the name of your Internet service provider, the site or source from which you are visiting mercavus, or the name of the file requested, are used by mercavus without any personal reference. This data is used exclusively to improve the mercavus service and does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about your person.1.2. You provide personal information voluntarily, for example when you place an order with mercavus, subscribe to a newsletter, open a customer account or use other similar functions. Such voluntary information includes your first and last name, your address, your e-mail address, your telephone and/or fax number, your date of birth, your bank details or credit card details or your order history.1.3. mercavus uses your personal data for contractual order processing and possible later warranty or complaint processing as well as for customer services, advertising purposes or marketing purposes of the company (e.g. birthday emails). Your personal data will be passed on to the necessary extent to service providers used by mercavus for the execution of the order (transporters, shipping service providers, logisticians, banks), who in turn are obliged by mercavus to treat this data confidentially.1.4. Insofar as mercavus uses data for a purpose that requires your consent in accordance with the statutory provisions, mercavus will ask you for your express consent in each case. You can, of course, revoke your consent to mercavus at any time and/or object to future use of your data by mercavus.1.5. Your personal data will be deleted if it is no longer necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was stored, or if its storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons, unless this conflicts with legal storage obligations and if you have asserted a claim for deletion.
2. Advertising via e-newsletter2.1. In order to send its newsletter, mercavus uses the so-called double opt-in procedure. In accordance with this procedure, mercavus will only send you a newsletter after you have expressly given mercavus permission to activate the newsletter service. After registering for the newsletter, mercavus will therefore send you a notification e-mail and ask you to confirm your registration and your wish to receive the newsletter in the future by clicking on a link contained in the e-mail. You may revoke this consent at any time and thus unsubscribe from the newsletter without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic rates. A message in text form, e.g. by e-mail, fax or letter, is sufficient. Of course you will also find a unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
3. Withdrawal of consent3.1. You may have expressly given the following consent(s). mercavus would like to point out that you can revoke your consent at any time with immediate future effect.
4. Use of data for advertising purposes and product recommendations via E-Mail4.1. In addition to the processing of your data during the checkout process of mercavus, mercavus also uses your data to recommend certain products to you that you might like in the context of and in relation to your orders. You will receive these product recommendations from mercavus regardless of whether or not you have subscribed to a mercavus newsletter. In this way, mercavus wants to send you information about products from the current offer that might be of interest to you based on your most recent purchases from mercavus and that you might like. mercavus adheres strictly to the legal requirements. If you no longer wish to receive product recommendations or advertising messages from mercavus and/or do not wish your personal data to be used for advertising purposes, you can object to this at any time, either in full or for individual measures, without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. A message in text form, e.g. by e-mail, fax or letter, is sufficient. Of course, you will also find a unsubscribe link in every e-mail.
5. Your individual advertisement5.1. A lot of information that mercavus receives from you during your visits and purchases helps mercavus to improve your shopping experience permanently and to make it even more customer-friendly and individual for you. The information you send us and which is generated automatically is therefore used to create advertising tailored to you and your interests. The goal of mercavus is to make advertising more useful and interesting for you and not to send you random advertising. For this purpose, mercavus uses existing information such as confirmations of receipt and reading of e-mails (in order not to send you e-mails sent by mercavus which you do not open/read again in this form), information about your computer and Internet connection, operating system and platform, your order history, your service history, date and time of your visit to the homepage as well as products which you have viewed. mercavus uses all this information exclusively in the form of pseudonymised data.
6. Using data for possible giveaways/promotions as well as market and opinion research6.1. mercavus uses your data in the context of competitions to inform you about prizes and to advertise its offers. Detailed information on this can be found in the conditions of participation in the respective lottery.6.2. Furthermore, your data will be used by mercavus for market and opinion research purposes. Of course, this data will only be used anonymously for statistical purposes and only for mercavus. If you provide mercavus with your answers to surveys, mercavus will not pass them on to third parties or publish them. When storing your answers, mercavus will carefully refrain from storing the answers together with your e-mail address or other personal data.6.3. You can object to the use of data for market and opinion research at any time, either in full or for specific measures, without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. A message in text form, e.g. by e-mail, fax or letter, is sufficient. Of course, you will also find a unsubscribe link in every survey e-mail.
7. Forwarding personal data for order processing7.1. The personal data collected by us will be passed on to the transport company commissioned with the delivery within the framework of contract processing, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. We pass on your payment data to the commissioned credit institution within the framework of the processing of payments.7.2. If you pay by credit card via PayPal or by direct debit via PayPal, we will forward your payment details to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg, as part of the payment process. You can find more information about the data protection of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. here: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?locale.x=en_DE
8. Contacting customer for evaluation inquiry8.1. If necessary, you have given the following consent during or after your order: "I would like to evaluate the purchase later and be reminded by eKomi after the delivery once by E-Mail of the delivery of an evaluation. I can revoke my consent at any time". If you have given us the above express consent, we will send your e-mail address to eKomi GmbH, Markgrafenstraße 11, 10969 Berlin for the request to submit a customer evaluation of the purchased service via the eKomi customer evaluation system, so that eKomi GmbH will send you an e-mail reminding you of the submission of an evaluation after 2 to 5 days after delivery of the ordered goods. This consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future.
11. Google Customer Match11.1. mercavus uses the Google target group tool "Customer Match". This allows mercavus results to be specifically suggested to you in Google search queries. mercavus provides Google with a non-reversible, non-personal checksum (hash value) from your usage data. This hashing procedure (pseudonymisation) means that your data cannot be identified and can be used for other purposes.
13. Data transfer security13.1. mercavus transfers your personal data securely and encrypted. For this purpose, mercavus uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption system when logging in and ordering. Although no one can guarantee absolute protection, mercavus uses technical and organisational means to protect the website and other systems against loss, destruction, unauthorised access, manipulation and distribution of your data. However, you should always treat your login information confidentially and close the browser window when you have finished your communication with mercavus, especially if you share your computer with other users.
14. Right to information14.1. According to the Federal Data Protection Act, mercavus customers have the right to free information about their data stored as well as the right to have this data corrected, blocked or deleted. Contact person for data security and protection. mercavus takes protection of your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions concerning collecting, processing or using your personal data, for information, correction, blocking or deletion of data or for the withdrawal of consent, please write to us:
Tel: +49 177 326 5039
Fax: +49 30 75942433